OSHA 503 Course Description
OSHA 503 - Update for General Industry Outreach Trainers
This course is the update required every four years for all OSHA Authorized Outreach Trainers for General Industry. It provides timely information on OSHA General Industry standards, policies and regulations.
This course is provided by the Mid-South OTI Education Center. Minimum Contact Hours: 18 hours
General industry voluntary compliance outreach trainers must take this course every four years. If your card has expired, you must retake the OSHA 501 course and exam.
This course is held over three days but class will only go until noon on the third day. Actual course length is 18 hours.
- Locate and apply recently adopted or revised OSHA safety and health standards, policies, and procedures
- Use recent changes in OSHA standards and regulations to supplement an ongoing safety and health program
- Identify common violations of OSHA standards and propose abatement actions
- Describe recent developments in abatement procedures for selected safety hazards
- Conduct training on OSHA regulations
- OSHA inspection policies update
- OSHA procedures and standards updates
- Safety and health program management
- Training techniques
OSHA #501 Trainer Course in OSHA Standards for General Industry. Authorized Outreach Training Program trainers are required to attend this course once every four years to maintain their trainer status. Prior to registration, students must provide a copy of their current Outreach Training Program trainer card or an official transcript showing successful completion of the OSHA #501 Trainers Course in OSHA Standards for General Industry from their respective OSHA Training Institute Education Center, for verification of trainer status.
29 CFR 1910 General Safety Standard (provided by Mid-South OTI Education Center)
- Highly recommended that you bring a laptop to class