OSHA 503 Course Description
OSHA 503 - Update for General Industry Outreach Trainers
This course is designed for Outreach Training Program trainers who have completed course #501 Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for General Industry and who are authorized trainers in the OSHA Outreach Training Program. The course provides an update on OSHA General Industry Standards, policies, and regulations. Upon course completion students will have the ability to demonstrate continued professional development in their field by applying effective adult learning principles and interactive training techniques to clearly identify, define, and explain general industry hazards and acceptable corrective measures as they continue to teach the 10- and 30-hour General Industry Outreach Training Program classes.
This course is provided by the Mid-South OTI Education Center. Minimum Contact Hours: 18 hours
General industry voluntary compliance outreach trainers must take this course every four years. If your card has expired, you must retake the OSHA 501 course and exam.
This course is held over three days but class will only go until noon on the third day. Actual course length is 18 hours.
- Locate and apply recently adopted or revised OSHA safety and health standards, policies, and procedures
- Use recent changes in OSHA standards and regulations to supplement an ongoing safety and health program
- Identify common violations of OSHA standards and propose abatement actions
- Describe recent developments in abatement procedures for selected safety hazards
- Conduct training on OSHA regulations
- OSHA inspection policies update
- OSHA procedures and standards updates
- Safety and health program management
- Training techniques
OSHA #501 Trainer Course in OSHA Standards for General Industry. Authorized Outreach Training Program trainers are required to attend this course once every four (4) years to maintain their trainer status. Prior to registration, students must provide a copy of their current Outreach trainer card or an official transcript showing successful completion of the OSHA #501 Trainer Course in OSHA Standards for General Industry from their respective OSHA Training Institute Education Center, for verification of trainer status..
29 CFR 1910 General Safety Standard (provided by Mid-South OTI Education Center)
- Highly recommended that you bring a laptop to class