OSHA 502 Course Description
OSHA 502 - Update for Construction Industry Outreach Trainers
This course is the update required every four years for all OSHA Authorized Outreach Trainers for the Construction Industry. It provides timely information on OSHA Construction Industry standards, policies and regulations.
This course is provided by the Mid-South OTI Education Center. Minimum Contact Hours: 18 hours
Construction industry voluntary compliance outreach trainers must take this update course every four years. If your card has expired, you must retake the OSHA 500 course and exam. You have a 90 day grace period.
This course is held over three days but class will only go until noon on the third day. Actual course length is 18 hours.
- Apply recommended current OSHA construction requirements and policies
- Describe new construction standards
- Identify training material resources
- Apply techniques and resources used by other construction outreach trainers
- Provide a general overview of construction safety practices
- Conduct training on OSHA regulations
- OSHA inspection policies update
- OSHA procedures and standards updates
- Safety and health program management
- Training techniques
Prerequisites: OSHA #500 Trainers Course in OSHA Standards for the Construction Industry. Authorized Outreach Training Program trainers are required to attend this course once every four years to maintain their trainer status. Prior to registration, students must provide a copy of their current Outreach Training Program trainer card or an official transcript showing successful completion of the OSHA #500 Trainer Course in OSHA Standards for Construction from their respective OSHA Training Institute Education Center, for verification of trainer status.
29 CFR 1926 Construction Safety Standard provided by Mid-South OTI Education Center.
Highly recommended that you bring a laptop to class